Employer Driven Stream
The Employer Driven is geared towards:
- Employers in Alberta whom want to retain a foreign worker on a permanent and full time basis, and can demonstrate a shortage of Canadians to fill the position;
- Foreign workers whom have a permanent and full time job offer from an employer in Alberta and whom wish to live and work in Alberta permanently.
The Employer Driven stream is divided into 3 categories:
- Skilled Worker
- International Graduate;
- Semi-skilled worker (for selected occupations only).
Semi-Skilled Worker Stream
Only certain industries and occupations are eligible for this program. Eligible industries include, but are not limited to, Food and Beverage Processing, Hotel and Lodging, Manufacturing, Long-Haul Trucking and Foodservices.
There are industry specific criteria and candidate specific criteria for each occupation. It should also be noted that these criteria often change. Therefore if you are an employer or a candidate whom believe they may be eligible for this program, it is best to contact us to better assess your eligibility against the criteria that are currently in place.
Strategic Recruitment Stream
The Strategic Recruitment Stream was developed in order to respond to employers needs for occupations that are in demand in Alberta.
The Strategic Recruitment Stream is divided into 3 categories:
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category;
- To qualify one must possess an Alberta Qualification Certificate in a Compulsory or Optional Trade and a letter of invitation from the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training
- Engineering Occupations Category;
- To qualify one must possess credentials as an engineer, designer or drafter , work experience in Alberta, and your occupation must be on the Engineering Occupations List from AINP
- U.S. Visa Holder Category; (*Category is currently closed*)
- To qualify you must currently be working in the U.S. on a valid work permit and at the time a final decision is made on your application by AINP. In addition, your occupation must be on the Occupations Under Pressure List (U.S. Visa Holder) from AINP.